In Mexico is very common to have eggs for breakfast and we have many ways to cook eggs.
Huevos a la Mexicana is one of those dishes that everyone knows how to cook and it is me feel back at home in Mexico.
I think they are the most popular breakfast dish in Mexico and it is a very comforting dish, full of flavour and you can make it as spicy as you want.
Its ingredients are just a few, but they are the most important ingredients that a Mexican kitchen must always have, tomatoes, onions and jalapeños.
They are easy and quick to prepare and you can have them with some warm corn tortillas and refried beans and I assure you that this dish will put a smile on your face.
Prep 5 min
Cook 5 min
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño chilli finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Salt to taste
- Pinch pepper
- In a frying pan put to heat the oil and add the vegetables, add some salt to taste and a pinch of pepper.
- When the vegetables are cooked. Add the eggs, and cook, folding the eggs over in large curds occasionally, until cooked through, for about 3 to 5 minutes.