I am not sure where they were invented, or who created in them, but whoever did it, WELL DONE!
My mum always makes them this way, so this is her recipe. Give it a try and enjoy!
Prep 5 min
Cook 10 min
- 7 eggs in a bowl slightly whisk
- 5 slices of ham cut into little squares
- 1 big tomatoe finely chopped
- Half an onion finely chopped
- Half Serrano chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put the rapeseed oil on a frying pan on medium heat and add the ham and vegetables and cook them for 5 min.
The onion has to be transparent and the tomatoe has to have a sauce consistency, add the eggs, and cook, folding the eggs over in large curds occasionally, until cooked through, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
You can have them with some refried black beans and warm corn tortillas for the complete Mexican breakfast experience!