While growing up in Mexico one of the things I remember the most about my childhood is going to the countryside to see what we could find, watercress was always the plant that was there growing in the wild, my dad adored to eat it from the edge of the brooks.
Because of all these experiences I had as a child I really think I had a very organic eating childhood without even know it. My dad used to grow lots of things in our garden, we had figs, zapotes, limes, pomegranate, cactus, avocados, olives, herbs and all those trees were organic, he never used any chemicals in his plants. We used to eat a lot of vegetables and a lot of good food, food that children nowadays won’t eat.
Anyway, I decided to pay a tribute to my dad by creating a simple salad that summarises the things he loved to eat, specially the vegetables, so I came out with this amazing watercress salad. It is my recipe, so I really hope you give it a try!
Prep 15 min
- A bag of organic watercress
- 1/2 organic cucumber cut in slices
- 10 radishes cut in round slices
- 1 organic avocado cut in slices
- 1/2 red onion julienne
- 1 organic red chilli de-seeded and finely chopped
- 25 gr fresh of feta cheese
- Juice of a lime
- Salt to taste
- Pinch pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Mix them very well and add salt to taste and a pinch of pepper.
- Squeeze the juice of a lime.
- Serve scattering some more fresh of feta cheese and red chilli.