Todays is one of those days that I seem to be running around like a maniac, well, Mondays are usually like this, not only for me, but for everybody, so on Mondays I tried to cook something easy and this recipe is perfect as I am using an adobo I got given by “Cool Chile” over the weekend. When I have plenty of time I make my own adobo mix, but for days like today is ok to get a little help!
In Mexico, Adobo is a marinate salsa mainly made with chipotle and ancho chillies, but it can vary, for example, Cool Chile adobo is made only with ancho chillies and other spices. The flavour of the adobo is sensational, it gives food a smoky and yummy flavour, so these adobo chicken tostadas are great and it took me less than an hour to make them and I even made my own tostadas with the tortillas from Cool Chile.
Prep 15 min
Cook 1 hr
- 3 chicken breast
- 1 Cool Chile Mexican Adobo Marinade 70 gr
- 1 packet of 13 Cool Chile corn tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 shredded iceberg lettuce
- 10 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 pickled red onion
- Prepare the tostadas, you can find the recipe here in my blog and reserve.
- Coat the chicken breasts with some of the Cool Chile adobo marinade and leave to marinate over night or 1 hour before cooking. Leave some to use as a salsa.
- Heat the oven on 180 degrees or Gas mark 6. Before putting the chicken in the oven, pour half a glass of water and cover the dish with aluminium foil.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 30 min, then shred the chicken and put it back into the juices that are left in the tray.
- Assemble the tostadas. Place some chicken on a tostada, follow by some lettuce, avocado slices, pickled onions and radishes, finish it off with some adobo and enjoy!
- You can find the adobo marinade and tortillas in www.coolchile.co.uk
- You can also add sour cream and feta cheese to the tostadas to make them even tastier.