There is no doubt that simple recipes are the best and this recipe thicks all the boxes. I haven’t found a more simple recipe to roast chicken in the oven like this one and the results are yummylicious (if there is such a word).
This chicken is not a Mexican recipe, but this is the way we roast chicken in my family and believe me, every time we do it, it finishes within minutes.
The star of the show is the paprika. Paprika is a spice made with chillies. In Spain it is known as a Pimentón. It is not as spicy as a ground cayenne pepper and it gives food a smoky flavour.
Prep 5 min
Cook 45 min approx
- 8 chicken thighs boned and skinned
- Salt to taste
- 6 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp pressed rapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 C or gas mark 6.
- Place the chicken thighs on an oven tray and add salt, pepper, paprika and oil.
- Make sure to massage the thighs with the ingredients.
- Place the chicken in the oven and roast for 45 min approx. or until the skin is crispy and the chicken meat falls off the bone.
- Serve it with Mexican rice and a cactus salad to make it into a Mexican meal, you can find both recipes here in my blog.
- You can always add garlic and thyme for more flavour.