Today is a soup kind of day, it is quite windy in London and a bit chilly, so I fancied something cosy and warm, also I have the hubby working from home, so I decided to make this amazing soup which is ready in no time.
It is a lentil soup with chorizo, very popular in Mexico, I have the vegetarian version on the blog, so if you prefer to cook that just click on this link “sopa de lentejas” but for now here is the recipe for my sopa de lentejas con chorizo.
Have a lovely week, don’t forget to subscribe!
Prep 10 min
Cook 20 min approx
- 2 cups of green lentils washed or 2 cans of organic Bijoux Vert lentils
- 3 chopped cooking chorizo sausages
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 10 gr or a little bunch of coriander
- Salt to taste
- a pint of chicken stock
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- chopped coriander
- fresh chopped jalapeños
- fresh or fetta cheese (optional)
- In a casserole dish heat the oil on high heat for 3 min. Add the tomatoes, garlic and onions and cook for 5 min.
- Add the chopped chorizo and cook for 5 min, after that add the raw lentils, chicken stock, chopped, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer gently for around 20 min then add the coriander, by this time the lentils must be soft, if not cook for another 10 min and check again.
- If you are cooking with precook lentils add them after the chorizo has been cooked and then cook for 10 min, then add the chopped coriander and continue cooking for 5 more min.
- Serve them in a bowl, scatter some chopped coriander and jalapeños and if you want a bit of fresh cheese.