Quesadillas are everybody’s favourite, I guess that they are so easy to make and taste delicious, it is one of those “antojitos” that I would just eat over and over again and I won’t get tired of it. There are so many ways to fill a quesadilla. Today I am sharing with you a quick recipe, I am making a a mushroom and tomatillo filling, so I hope you like it.
Makes 8 quesadillas
- 8 corn tortillas
- 10 chesnut mushrooms cut in slices
- 5 fresh tomatillos cut in quaters
- A small bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 fresh jalapeño chopped
- 1/2 an onion finely chopped
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado cut in slices
- Chihuahua or mozarella cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Fry the mushrooms, onion and tomatillos on a frying pan for 10 to 15 min. Add salt and pepper to taste and add the fresh coriander and jalapeño almost at the end. Keep aside.
- Heat the tortillas on the hob burner to get the edges black (that adds a bit more flavour, but if you do not want to do this, avoid this step) or heat them on a pan.
- Add the chihuahua cheese, once the cheese is melted, add the mushroom filling.
- Serve them with avocado slices, more fresh coriander and fresh jalapeños. See! It is that easy! Enjoy!