Have you find yourself in the morning trying to cook something yummy for breakfast but your brain still in sleep mode that you can’t think out straight? Well, that happens to me a lot, so for those type of mornings I have this delicious brekky.
A tostada, which is a corn tortilla bake in the oven until harden, topped with some refried beans, fried egg and lots, I mean, lots of spicy salsa! Sounds good, right?! Well it is very good.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1 tin of organic black beans
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 fresh jalapeños or serranos
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Prepare the refried beans. Heat 3 tbsp of vegetable oil in a saucepan, once is hot, add the beans from the tin, remove some of the liquid before adding the beans. Add some salt to taste and mash them with a potato masher, once they are all mashed up, fried for 5 min more and set aside.
- While the beans are getting cook. Turn the oven on at 180 degrees gas assisted, put the tortillas on a baking tray and bake until golden brown and harden. Set aside.
- To make the salsa, charred the tomatoes, onion, garlic and chillies on a frying pan, no need to add oil or anything, just place the vegetable on the hot frying pan and turn them around so they blacken all around. Place them in a blender, add salt and blend quickly. Set aside.
- Fried the eggs the way you like them.
- To assemble the tostada. Spread some refried beans, then add the egg and add as much salsa as you want and then some feta cheese. Enjoy!