Sea urchin is a quitedaunting sea creature, I mean, do you actually know how to open them and eat them? Well is well easy, you just need scissors and water. They are very creamy and taste of the sea, I love them and we always eat them when we go to Ensenada. Here is the recipe:
Makes 15 little tostadas
- 3 fresg sea urchins
- 150 fresh cot fillets
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp of fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 medium shallot
- 3 limes
- 1 ripped avocado
- Salt to taste
- Spicy salsa
- 15 little corn tortillas
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and place the tortillas on a baking tray. Toast them for 10 min or until golden brown. Take them out of the oven and set aside.
- Chop all the vegetables finely and put the on a bowl, except the avocado.
- Add salt to taste and squeeze a lime. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado in slices and set aside.
- Cut the cod fillets in thin slices and set aside.
- Wash the sea urchins and using scissors cut the top. Open them and remove the orange bits (roe) those are the bits that we eat. Set aside.
- To make the tostadas: put some avocado slices, then fish then some of the veggies. Top the tostada with some sea urchin and add some spicy salsa. Enjoy!