This is very easy recipe perfect for a Friday night, because Friday nights are for indulge yourself and for us at home we always have something that we have been craving for a while and today is the case of Chicharrón (pork crackling) in Salsa Verde (tomatillo based sauce).
If you live in London you can find chicharrón in China Town, the pork crackling that you find there is simmilar to the one we have in Mexico, so it goes perfect for this recipe.
Prep 10 min
Cook 20 min
- 2 bowls of pork crackling
- 5 fresh tomatillos
- 1/2 onion
- Small bunch chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 fresh jalapeño chilli
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- Maldon salt to taste
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Chopped onion
- Chopped coriander
- Chopped or sliced perfectly ripe avocado
- Put in a blender the tomatillos, onion, jalapeño, garlic, chicken stock, pepper and blend until getting a smooth consistency.
- Heat a saucepan and add 1 tbsp of oil and add the green salsa. Cook for 10 min in low heat. Season with Maldon salt and continue simmer for 5 min.
- Cook the tomato rice and slice the avocado.
- Once the salsa is ready add the pork crackling and cook for 10 min.
- Serve with tomato rice and slices of avocado. Scatter some fresh onion, fresh coriander and slices of fresh jalapeños. Have them with warm corn tortillas. Enjoy.