I am cooking today something that I have been craving for a while, pork crackling soup is a lovely and delicious soup that it is usually serve as a little starter in restaurants in Mexico while you wait for your main meal.
It is a very easy recipe, but full of flavour. I bought my pork crackling in China town and it is just like the one you find in Mexico and when you cook it in this simple tomato & onion broth the flavour is just amazing.
Here is the recipe:
- A bowl of pork crackling
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 L of chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of oregano
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Avocado slices
- Chopped coriander
- Chopped onion
- Chop the tomato and onion. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, once hot add the onion and the tomato. Cook for 10 min and add the chicken stock.
- Let it come to a simmer & add salt, pepper & oregano.
- Then add the pork crackling and let it cook until all the cracking is soft.
- Serve it in a bowl and garnish with chopped coriander, slices of avocado and chopped onion. Enjoy it as a starter!