Today I cooked Mackerel marinated in a tomatillo salsa, a very easy but delicious recipe to eat during these days. I made a quick and easy lettuce salad to have with the fish, so I will give you the recipe as well here.
- 2 cleaned whole mackerels
- A bunch of fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Maldon salt
- Tomatillo salsa
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- A cloved of garlic
For the green salsa
- 4 tomatillos
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 peeled garlic clove
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 fresh jalapeño
- Salt to taste
For the salad
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce finely shredded
- 1 red chilli sliced
- 1/2 chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 diced red onion
- A pinch of Maldon salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Make the salad and leave it on the side. Mix all the ingredients, add salt & pepper.
- Make the tomatillo salsa. Put all the ingredients in a blender. Add a bit of water and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- To make the fish. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan assisted. Place the mackerel on a parchment paper and put them on a baking tray. The fish has to be clean and ready to cook. Fill the fish with a bunch of fresh coriander, a bit of garlic, rub the tomatillo salsa all over the fish (in & outside) add salt, pepper & oil. Close the paper so the fish cook evenly.
- Place the fish in the oven and bake for 20 min or until the fish is properly cooked.
- Serve the fish with some tangy & delicious shredded salad. You can also make some roasted potatoes to have with the fish. Enjoy!