The weather in London has been brilliant and everybody is out and about enjoying the sunshine. Here in my house we have been having lots of friends for BBQ, summer is my favourite time of the year, in fact, somebody said to me that I bloom in summer, because I always look fresh and it seems that I enjoy the heat, not like el inglés that struggles with temperature more then 15 C.
In the summer I always fancy doing some refreshing drinks, just because I like the weather and this is the case of this delicious, mango and lime margarita! it is a very easy cocktail to make, so here is the recipe and I hope you are enjoying the weather like me and not melting like el inglés! eh! eh!
- 2 perfectly ripe mango
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tequila shoot
- 1/2 shot of Cointreau
- sugar to rim the glasses
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Peel the mango and remove all the flesh. Then with the help of a hand blender make it into a pure. Set aside.
- Great the skin of one of the limes and set aside.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime and set aside.
- Rim the glasses with lime and sugar and add some ice cubes to each glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, put some ice, the mango pure, the tequila, the lime juice and the Cointreau. Shake for one minute and pour in the glasses.
- Then add the some of the skin of the lime to each glass and to decorate, slice thinly the other lime (like in the pic) and put one slice to each glass.