Happy New Year! We made it into 2018! I wish you all the very best for this New Year! Thank you for all the support during the last year, without you, my blog would not even exists.
I know I have been away from posting recipes for quite a while, 2017 was a very busy year for me, especially at the end of the year, I had lots of bookings for my Mexican cooking classes, but this year I am planning to post recipes more often, I promise!
The first recipe of 2018 is this delicious “cocido” (stew) that I made this afternoon for lunch, perfect for a January cold day. We went to Valencia last week to welcome the New Year and we arrived yesterday to an almost empty fridge, but I couldn’t bear the thought of going to the supermarket, I feel very cold, so I decided to make use of all the little bits that I still had in my fridge, it is amazing what you can come out when you are hungry!
This recipe is very delicious and so easy to make, I love the fact that I just threw everything in my casserole dish (dutch oven) and listo!
The stew doesn’t really have a proper name as I just basically used what I had, so I just called it “Sausage, beans & paprika stew”, let me know what you think if you make it, I would love to hear your thoughts!
- 6 sausages of your choice cut in chunks (beef, pork, chicken or vegetarian)
- 1 tin of organic white beans
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut in small cubes
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- 10 baby potatoes, peeled & cut in chunks
- 2 stalks of rosemary finely chopped
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp of paprika
- 700 ml water
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish (dutch oven) at medium heat, fry the onions and garlic for 4 min mixing to avoid burning.
- Add the sausages cut in chunks and fry for 2 min.
- Then add the rest of the vegetables and the paprika, mixing everything very well. Fry for 2 min.
- Add the water, salt, ground black pepper, rosemary & oregano.
- Put the lid on and turn the heat to low. Let it cook for 15 min and then add the tin of white beans.
- Cook for 5 min and make sure the pieces of sausages are properly cooked.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with fresh coriander, feta cheese and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!