It is true that there is no food like the food mum cooks for you! This arroz con leche is my mummy’s recipe, she taught me how to make it, so I can do it for my children and now Mexican rice pudding is my children’s favourite dessert!
Let me know if you like the recipe x
Cook time 45 min
- Soak the rice in the water 30 min before cooking.
- Put the rice to cook at high heat and add the pinch of salt and the cinnamon stick. Once start boiling lower the heat all the way down.
- Add the whole milk, the condense milk, the piloncillo and the vanilla essence.
- Stir from time to time making sure that it does not stick on the bottom; this is the most important step, because if it sticks on the bottom, that rice will eventually burn and it will change the flavour of the rice pudding.
- After 25 min of cooking, the rice has to be cooked through. Turn the heat off and let it cool slightly.
- Serve it in nice glasses and sprinkle some ground cinnamon and add some raising if you fancy.