A taco would not be a taco without a good spicy salsa and this charred tomatillo salsa is the best!
Makes 2 cups of salsa
Time 30 min
- 6 fresh tomatillos
- 1 peeled white onion
- 1 clove of garlic with skin on
- 4 fresh jalapeño chillies
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 water
- Heat an old frying pan or a flat griddle at high heat.
- Place the tomatillos, onion, jalapeños and garlic with skin on the hot flat griddle. Make sure to turn them around to char them evenly.
- The garlic will take around 5 min to cook. Take it off and set aside.
- Once all the veggies are charred. Mash them on a molcajete or use a blender. If you use a blender, use the pulse option to get a chunky consistency. Add salt and coriander and give a quick pulse.
- Use some water if needed. The salsa has to be a bit runny.
- Perfect with some totopos (tortilla chips), tacos or with anything you fancy.