Today I am sharing with you the delicious recipe for Ensenada style or as many people know them “Baja Style” tacos, traditionally they are made with fish, but prawn are as popular as fish and the recipe is very easy, the secret is in the batter. Continue reading “Tacos de Camarón (Baja Prawn Tacos)”
Tacos de Moronga (Black Pudding Tacos)
Makes 10 taquitos
For the moronga
- 50 gr black pudding from a good source
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tbs chopped coriander
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
For the tortillas
- 20 small corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp ancho chilli powder
- 1 pickled red onion
- 1 red chilli
- Fresh coriander
- Lime wedges
- Prepare the pickled onion, chopped the coriander and red chilli and cut the lime wedges.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil on a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic. Once they are a bit cooked, add the tomato and green pepper.
- Chopped the black pudding very well and once the veggies are cooked add the black pudding to the pan. Add a pinch of salt and stir. The moronga will cook very fast, cook it for 5 min at medium heat. Turn the heat off and add the fresh coriander. Leave aside.
- Then in another frying pan heat 3 tbsp of oil at medium heat and add a tbsp of ground ancho chilli, then quickly start heating the tortillas trying to cover them with the oil, don’t let them fry, the goal is to warm them and smoother them in the oil. Have a big platter ready and place the little tortillas on it.
- Each taco will have two tortillas, just like they do in the taquerias in Mexico!
- Then to assemble the taquitos, get two tortillas, add some moronga, pickled red onion, fresh coriander and chopped red chili, squeeze some lime and enjoy!
Pork carnitas is a dish that will make your mouth water, so simple to make and so delicious. Continue reading “Carnitas (Pork Carnitas)”
Tuesday! Perfect excuse to make some tacos as it is Taco Tuesday. I don’t know who came with that idea but the hashtag #tacotuesday has become so famous, it is one of my favourite tags, but to be honest, I can’t wait to Tuesday, I could eat tacos any time, any day and with anything, well almost with anything, because I have to confess that I do not like tongue tacos. Continue reading “Tacos de Col Rizada (Kale Tacos)”
Such a nice weather in London, it seems that spring is almost here and that makes me so excited, I love spring because London is beautiful during this season, lots of flowers everywhere, lots of sunshine and also it means that summer is almost here! Continue reading “Tacos Vegetarianos (Vegetarian Tacos)”
I present you the real and properly done “Tacos de Carne Asada” yes! These little beauties are just done the way the taqueros (a man that works in a taqueria) make them, with all the trimmings and the spicy salsa. Continue reading “Tacos de Carne Asada (Steak Tacos)”
Today I am in the mood of spicy food and I remember about this recipe, Camarones a la Diabla, in English you would call them Devil Prawns, I guess because they have tons of chipotle!!
So for this recipe we will need prawns, good prawns, peeled and ready to cooked, then we will smothered them in a creamy chipotle marinade, then fried them with a bit of onion and lots of garlic and listo!! You will have a nice meal in minutes! Continue reading “Camarones a la Diabla (Prawns Devil Style)”
Today is Friday, that means a little bit of indulgence in my house, wine and cheese in the evening and for lunch these amazing and utterly delicious tacos de moronga or black pudding tacos, yes! You read right! It is black pudding, but it is cooked in a way that you would never know that it is black pudding. I bought my black pudding in my organic and free range butcher, they make their own there, so it was very fresh.
Imagine yourself standing up on the pavement of a street, surrounded by a bunch of people opening their mouths to stuff themselves with these little things that taste heavenly and hearing things like “dos de asada, con mucha salsa y guacamole” or “me das cuatro de adobada sin cebolla para llevar”, Continue reading “Tacos Al Pastor (Al Pastor Tacos)”
I know everybody has its own cochinita pibil recipe and everybody claims that theirs is the best! Well, I’m not going to say that mine is the best ever, but it is good! We have done cochinita pibil this way in my family since forever, it is not the traditional way, but it works for us and it never fails to impress our guests. Continue reading “Cochinita Pibil (Pork Pibil)”