This is a delicious salad that you can prepare in advance to have for dinner. I did mine in the morning, left it in the fridge and listo! Dinner was ready in no time. You can either serve it with tostadas or crackers. Continue reading “Ensalada de Cangrejo (Crab Salad) “
Tacos de Moronga (Black Pudding Tacos)
Makes 10 taquitos
For the moronga
- 50 gr black pudding from a good source
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tbs chopped coriander
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
For the tortillas
- 20 small corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp ancho chilli powder
- 1 pickled red onion
- 1 red chilli
- Fresh coriander
- Lime wedges
- Prepare the pickled onion, chopped the coriander and red chilli and cut the lime wedges.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil on a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic. Once they are a bit cooked, add the tomato and green pepper.
- Chopped the black pudding very well and once the veggies are cooked add the black pudding to the pan. Add a pinch of salt and stir. The moronga will cook very fast, cook it for 5 min at medium heat. Turn the heat off and add the fresh coriander. Leave aside.
- Then in another frying pan heat 3 tbsp of oil at medium heat and add a tbsp of ground ancho chilli, then quickly start heating the tortillas trying to cover them with the oil, don’t let them fry, the goal is to warm them and smoother them in the oil. Have a big platter ready and place the little tortillas on it.
- Each taco will have two tortillas, just like they do in the taquerias in Mexico!
- Then to assemble the taquitos, get two tortillas, add some moronga, pickled red onion, fresh coriander and chopped red chili, squeeze some lime and enjoy!
Pork carnitas is a dish that will make your mouth water, so simple to make and so delicious. Continue reading “Carnitas (Pork Carnitas)”
Today’s recipe is one of my old time yummy super mega favourite, birria! Yum! Birria is a stew originally from the state of Jalisco, specifically from the city of Guadalajara, but as any Mexican recipe, everybody seems to have their own version, so this is my version, I tried to make it as similar as the one they do in Guadalajara, but this is just the way I do it. I hope you like it. Continue reading “Birria de Res (Beef Birria)”
Tuesday! Perfect excuse to make some tacos as it is Taco Tuesday. I don’t know who came with that idea but the hashtag #tacotuesday has become so famous, it is one of my favourite tags, but to be honest, I can’t wait to Tuesday, I could eat tacos any time, any day and with anything, well almost with anything, because I have to confess that I do not like tongue tacos. Continue reading “Tacos de Col Rizada (Kale Tacos)”
Easter is here and although I am not religious at all I like the fact that you can gather with family & friends and have a good time while you eat a feast. Continue reading “Macarela en Salsa Verde (Mackerel in Green Sauce)”
I am cooking today something that I have been craving for a while, pork crackling soup is a lovely and delicious soup that it is usually serve as a little starter in restaurants in Mexico while you wait for your main meal. Continue reading “Sopa de Chicharrón (Pork Crackling Soup)”
Monday and just a few days for the Easter Holidays, we are just counting the days to go away to a well deserve break, this time we are going to Copenhagen and we can’t wait! Continue reading “Pescado Empapelado (Fish in Parchment)”
Spring is here! The best time of the year, especially if you live in London, because the city comes back to life, literally, lots of flowers everywhere, new leaves on the trees, birds singing, sun, lovely days! Wow! I love London in the Spring! Continue reading “Camarones en Achiote con Arroz Primavera (Achiote Prawns with Spring Rice)”
Hi guys! Welcome to a new week, it is Monday and the weather in London is not great, as usual, but as you probably know, Mondays for me are special because my husband, el inglés, stays at home to work, so I always try to make something extra yummy on this day and today I thought to combine two of his favourite things, pozole & lobster, he loves pozole and seafood, so cooking pozole with lobster makes this Mexican dish extra luxurious! Continue reading “Pozole de Langosta (Lobster Pozole)”