Hi there! How are you these days? Yes, I know, it seems ages since the last time I posted a recipe, but I have been busy doing mum stuff, you know, school run, taking the children here and there, half term holidays, etc, etc, etc. But finally I managed to find some time to cook something worth posting and this spicy prawn broth is just to die for! Continue reading “Caldo de Camarón (Mexican Prawn Broth)”
What are you cooking today? Well I cooked some delicious Caldo de Res or a lot of people know it as “Cocido” which is Beef Broth or Stew. My dad was a fan of these type of recipes, he even used to cook this in summer!!! I know, a bit crazy right? But according to him this dish makes miracles, especially for children, he used to make us eat everything in it. Continue reading “Caldo de Res (Beef Broth)”
Growing up a in port city, one can have the opportunity to enjoy very fresh fish and seafood. Ensenada is one of those cities, its famous “Mercado Negro” a fish market where you can find very fresh produce. Since I was a child my family have always had bought fish in there and the quality is excellent, this is very important, specially if you are thinking of preparing a Mexican fish broth.
Caldo de Pescado or Sopa de Pescado is that recipe that every family in Ensenada knows how to cook, obviously every family have their own recipe, so this is my family recipe, it is a very simple and quick recipe, so there is no excuse!
Prep 15 min
Cook 30 approx
- 6 cod fillets
- 1.5 litre fish stock
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small onion peeled
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 or 2 chiplotle chillies in adobo
- 1 large courgette cut in half moons
- 1 potato peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 carrot cut in half moons
- 1 celery stalk cut in half moons
- Pinch pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Chopped coriander
- Juice of a lime
- Blend the tomatoes, onion and chipotle chillies until a smooth consistency.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish and add the sauce, the fish stock, salt and pepper. Cook for 15 min.
- Add the carrots, courgettes, potatoes and celery. Continue cooking for 10 more min.
- Then when the vegetables are almost cook, add the fish fillets. Cook for 5 min.
- Serve in a bowl and scatter coriander and squeeze a lime wedge.