I am so happy to share this recipe with you today and although it is an easy recipe, it is special to me because the main ingredient of the recipe, potatoes, were grown in my garden and today we dug them out, so the recipe tastied even better. Continue reading “Papas a la Jardinera (Jardinera Potatoes)”
Chorizo is a very popular ingredient in a Mexican kitchen. In my mum’s house we always have chorizo and we would eat chorizo in many different ways. I love it and it is one of my favourite Mexican ingredients that I have to have in my kitchen. I haven’t learn how to make it myself yet, but as soon I learn, I will be sharing the recipe with you, but for the moment I buy my chorizo sausages in the supermarket. Continue reading “Papas con Chorizo (Potatoes with Chorizo)”
Hola lovely people! Yes, I know, What a lovely surprise this is! I haven’t post anything for a while, but I have been doing so many things, that I hardly had time to write. Anyway, I hope you are all ok and you are starting to enjoy the lovely weather, because the summer is now officially just around the corner!
Today’s recipe is inspired in my friend Nadim’s chicken thighs recipe, he is a very good cook and has two lovely recipes for chicken that are always a hit when we have a bbq, but I would say that my recipe is the Mexican version of his as I marinated the chicken thighs in Ancho chilli and other mexican spices. Continue reading “Pollo Marinado en Chile Ancho (Chicken Marinated in Ancho Chilli)”
Today El inglés, aka the hubby, is at home, so I am cooking a nice cosy lunch for him, this is my mum’s easy and quick recipe for chicken and potatoe soup.
In my family my mum is the queen of quick and easy recipes, I remember when I was a child, when she didn’t want to cook, she used to do what she would called “comida de flojos” (lazy dinner) and this recipe used to be in her repertoire. So I hope you like it, as I said, it is a very easy recipe, but full of flavour and perfect for a winter day.
Makes 4 servings
Prep 30 min
Cook 20 min
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 peeled onion cut in half
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Pinch ground pepper
- Avocado slices
- Chopped coriander
- Fresh or Fetta cheese
- Dollop sourcream
- Place the chicken breasts, tomatoes, onion, chicken stock and garlic in a casserole dish, add salt to taste and a pinch of pepper and cook for 20 min approx or until the chicken is cooked.
- Take the chicken breast out, shred them and reserve.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in medium chunks.
- Take the tomatoes, onion and garlic out of the casserole and place them in a blender, add the tomato purée and purée them until getting a sauce and smooth consistency.
- Place the tomatoe sauce back in the casserole and add the potatoes. Cook them for 5 min and add the shredded chicken.
- Cook the chicken with the potatoes on low heat for around 20 min or until potatoes are cook.
- Serve them in a bowl and garnish with avocado slices, chopped coriander, fresh or Fetta cheese and a dollop of sour cream.