My dad used to work in a restaurant as a second job and that is where he learned how to make “aderezo de cilantro”, he used to make a big bottle of it and it would last just a few days.
There are many Coriander dressing recipes, but I always make mine the way my dad made his, so here is his recipe. I hope you like it as much as I do!
It is a very tasty dressing. It can be used to dress salads, but also have with your chicken, fish, seafood or vegetables, if you get the garlic right, the tastes will be very subtle and moreish!
Cook 5 min
- Small bunch of coriander
- 1 medium egg room temperature
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A small clove of garlic peeled
- 1 cup rapeseed oil
Put the coriander, garlic, egg, vinegar and salt in a measuring jar.
Using a hand blender, start mixing everything together and then add the oil in small quantities at a time until you get a smooth and runny texture, if you need to add more oil to get the right consistency; do it.
- If you don’t have rapeseed oil, you can use sunflower oil or vegetable oil, but DON’T use olive oil, as it will overpower the flavour.
- I find it easy to use a hand blender, because you have more control of the texture.