It has been such a busy week with all this festivities that today I decided to just chilled out and have a break from all my cooking, so I made some quesadillas for my children and this very fresh lime and chia water.
Aguas frescas are one of the best Mexican culinary creations ever! We make fresh water from literally any fruit we can think of, but there are some classics, like this one, lime with chia, such a nice combination, it is so simple to make that I kind of feel a bit silly posting the recipe, but sometimes the simplest things are the most that count as it just happens to be one of my children favourite, so here it is, give it a try and have a taste.
Makes 1.5 ltr
Prep 10 min
- 4 large limes
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1.5 ltr water
- 5 lime slices
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 hot water
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- A large jar
- 4 glasses
- A mixer stick
- A lime squeezer
- Dissolve the caster sugar in the hot water and add it to the jar.
- Then squeeze the limes and add the juice to the sugar mix.
- Add the chia seeds and stir.
- Add the water and lime slices and stir.
- Add the ice. Check if the sugar is right, if you like it sweeter, add more sugar.
- Serve in a glass with ice and a lime slice. Enjoy!