This is a quick and easy recipe for days like today, grey and cold, I am waiting for a friends to cook together and I want to surprise her with a delicious, informal lunch, something that we can ear while we are cooking, so I thought about these sweet potato fries, I have seen lots of versions of this dish, I think you basically have add whatever you fancy! I tried to make mine with a Mexican touch, so I added different Mexican ingredients that would enhanced the flavour of the sweet potatoes.
In Mexico, sweet potato is usually eaten as a dessert, we call it “Camote” and it is a kind of street food, the person the sells camotes is called “Camotero” and he goes around the streets with his Camote trolley, shouting “Camoooooteeees” and you can’t miss him as the trolley makes this very loud noise every time he releases the steam. El inglés (my hubby) just loves it, he makes a very good impression of the Camotero!
Well here is the recipe. So I hope you like it.
- 2 or 3 Organic sweet potatoes peeled and cut in thin strips
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 1/2 cup rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 black beans
- Fresh coriander
- 1/2 avocado cut
- Sour cream
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 4 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp zhoug (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 185 degrees fan assisted. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes. Put them on a baking tray.
- Mix the chipotle with the oil and rub the sweet potatoes. Place them in the oven for 20 min. Mix once.
- Mix the sour cream with the zhoug paste. Once the sweet potatoes are ready, add the black beans and mozzarella cheese and put them back in the oven.
- Once the cheese has melted take them out of the oven and scatter on top the onion, coriander, avocado and the sour cream. Enjoy them with a nice glass of cold beer!
- I will be posting a video recipe in my YouTube Channel this evening. Have a lovely day!