A taco would not be a taco without a good spicy salsa. And this charred tomatillo salsa (tatemada) is the best!
Salsa de Tomatillo Tatemada (Charred Tomatillo Salsa)
- frying pan or a flat griddle
- a molcajete or blender
- 6 fresh tomatillos
- 1 peeled white onion
- 1 clove of garlic with skin on
- 4 fresh jalapeño chillies
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat an old frying pan or a flat griddle at high heat.
- Place the tomatillos, onion, jalapeños and garlic with skin on the hot flat griddle. Make sure to turn them around to char them evenly.The garlic will take around 5 min to cook.
- Take it off and set aside.Once all the veggies are charred. Mash them on a molcajete or use a blender. If you use a blender, use the pulse option to get a chunky consistency.
- Add salt and coriander and give a quick pulse.
Perfect with some totopos (tortilla chips), tacos or with anything you fancy.
Listo! Provecho! X