These delicious tacos were created in Mazatlan, Sinaloa, when the governor went to eat to a restaurant in this city, the owners of the restaurant made these tacos to welcome him, when he asked what was the name of the tacos, they didn’t know what to say, to the governor called them “tacos Gobernador”.
Whatever the story behind these delicious tacos is, there is no doubt about it that they are amazing and easy to make.
Let me know if you make them and if you like the recipe. Remember that your comments are very important to me.
- 350 g prawns peeled, cleaned and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper or poblano pepper finely diced
- 2 tomatoes medium, finely diced
- ½ white onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 corn tortillas
- spicy salsa of your choice
- 500 g mixed grated mozarella & cheddar
To cook the prawns
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium heat and add the butter. Once it is melted, add the onion and garlic and fry for 3 minutes.
- When the onion and garlic are slightly fry and translucent, add the tomato and green pepper.
- Continue frying making sure to stir from time to time. Once the tomatoes are cooked, after 5 minutes, add the coriander and prawns.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper and cook for until the prawns are pink and properly cooked. Then set aside to heat the tortillas.
To make the Tacos Gobernador
- Heat a tortilla and add the cheese, once the cheese has melted, add some of the prawn guisado (stew) and add a spicy salsa of your choice.
I would love to hear if you liked this recipe, tag me on social media #mexicanfoodmemories to see your creations. And if you want to learn to make this recipe and more, join me in one of my Mexican Cooking Classes in North London.