In Mexico is very common to have eggs for breakfast and we have many ways to cook eggs.
Huevos a la Mexicana is one of those dishes that everyone knows how to cook and it is me feel back at home in Mexico.
I think they are the most popular breakfast dish in Mexico and it is a very comforting dish, full of flavour and you can make it as spicy as you want.
Its ingredients are just a few, but they are the most important ingredients that a Mexican kitchen must always have, tomatoes, onions and jalapeños.
They are easy and quick to prepare and you can have them with some warm corn tortillas and refried beans and I assure you that this dish will put a smile on your face.
Huevos a la Mexicana
- 8 eggs medium, beated
- 2 tomatoes medium, finely diced
- ½ white onion finely chopped
- ½ fresh jalapeño finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander finely chpped (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp butter slightly salted
- Heat the oil on a non stick frying pan for one minute and add the butter. Then add the chopped tomatoes, onion and jalapeño.
- Fry the vegetables for 5 minutes to medium low heat. Once the veggies are cooked. Add the beaten eggs.
- Cook the eggs for 5 minutes making sure to stiring so the eggs get cooked evenly. Add the chopped coriander and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn the heat off and serve the Mexican style eggs on a platter or on individual plates. They go perfect with refried beans and freshly made corn tortillas.
- The best and easy Mexican breakfasts.