So last Saturday I organised a “carne asada” for my Mexican comadres Susana, Haydee and Katrina, they all came to my house with their families and we had so much fun, eating and drinking, all and all it was a perfect afternoon. My lovely vecina Haydee gave me a Tequila as a present, so I decided to make frozen margaritas with pomegranate and lime and I have to tell you! You really have to make them on your next BBQ, they were a hit! The recipe is well easy, so here it is.
Makes 4 margaritas
- 3 shoots of tequila
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- Juice 2 limes
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 jar of ice cubes
You will need
- A blender
- 4 margarita glasses
- Pomegranate seeds to decorate
- Lime slices
- 4 tbsp salt
- Place the ice cubes, tequila, pomegranate juice, lime juice, agave syrup and salt in a blender.
- Blend until getting a smooth consistency.
- Place the salt on a serving plate and rimm the glasses.
- Serve some of the margarita liquid in each and add some pomegranate seeds and a slice of lime. Enjoy!