Friday night and the weather in London has changed, now it is very cloudy and cold, that means that we probably stayed at home, so I decided that instead of Friday night vino (wine) the hubby and I will do cocktail night, starting with some nice Bloody Marys!
I used a spiced tomato juice that I found in the supermarket, also instead of using vodka, I used tequila! It is always nice to add a touch of Mexico to things! Then to garnish I just simply cut some celery stalks, lime wedges, olives, cherry tomatoes and a sliced homemade pickled jalapeño, I rimmed the glass with some ground piquin chilli with salt and to make the cocktail I added Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, lime juice, ground black pepper, ice cubes, celery salt & a shot of my favourite Tequila!
Now I just need for the husband to arrive home to surprise him with these lovely cocktails!
For the Bloody Mary
- 500 ml Spiced tomato juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp juice of the pickled jalapeños
- A pinch of black ground pepper
- 1 or 2 shoots of Tequila
- A pinch of celery salt
- Rim a tall glass with piquin chilli salt
- Cut some celery stalks
- 2 long wooden picks
- 4 green olives
- 2 limes wedges
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices of pickled jalapeños
- Rim the glasses. Pass a lime wedge over the top of the glass. Put the piquin chilli salt on a flat plate, then pass the edge of the glass that has been cover with lime over the salt. Keep aside.
- In a large cocktail shaker add all the ingredients for the bloody Mary and shake.
- Pour the bloody Mary in the glasses. Add three ice cubes.
- Garnish with a celery stalk, green olives, cherry tomatoes, a slice of pickled jalapeño and a lime wedge. Enjoy!