Today I am sharing with you the delicious recipe for Ensenada style or as many people know them “Baja Style” tacos, traditionally they are made with fish, but prawn are as popular as fish and the recipe is very easy, the secret is in the batter. Continue reading “Tacos de Camarón (Baja Prawn Tacos)”
The weather in London has been brilliant and everybody is out and about enjoying the sunshine. Here in my house we have been having lots of friends for BBQ, summer is my favourite time of the year, in fact, somebody said to me that I bloom in summer, because I always look fresh and it seems that I enjoy the heat, not like el inglés that struggles with temperature more then 15 C. Continue reading “Margarita de Mango y Limón (Mango & Lime Margarita)”
This is a very easy and delicious recipe perfect for the summer. It is done in no time and it is a very healthy way to calm little ones thirst. Continue reading “Paletas de Sandía con Menta y Chile (Watermelon Ice Lollies with a touch of Mint & Chilli Powder)”
Agua fresca is on of the most famous drinks in Mexico, it is basically water with fresh fruit flavour. Today I made an agua fresca with some watermelon, as the weather in London is hot and nice. Continue reading “Agua Fresca de Sandía (Watermelon Agua Fresca)”
When I think about a Mexican food memories from my childhood this dessert is one of them. I’ve never going to forget when we used to go to my grandma’s house, my auntie Laura, used to make flan for use every time we were there and every time I used to end up licking the plate, that sugar syrup is addictive and the custard is just amazing and the good news is, that is just so easy to make, that I feel a bit embarrassed to be posting the recipe here, but as my friend Claudia said to me, “there are people that don’t know how to make it” so here it is. Continue reading “Flan con Frutas del Bosque (Flan with Berries)”
This is a delicious salad that you can prepare in advance to have for dinner. I did mine in the morning, left it in the fridge and listo! Dinner was ready in no time. You can either serve it with tostadas or crackers. Continue reading “Ensalada de Cangrejo (Crab Salad) “
Tacos de Moronga (Black Pudding Tacos)
Makes 10 taquitos
For the moronga
- 50 gr black pudding from a good source
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tbs chopped coriander
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
For the tortillas
- 20 small corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp ancho chilli powder
- 1 pickled red onion
- 1 red chilli
- Fresh coriander
- Lime wedges
- Prepare the pickled onion, chopped the coriander and red chilli and cut the lime wedges.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil on a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic. Once they are a bit cooked, add the tomato and green pepper.
- Chopped the black pudding very well and once the veggies are cooked add the black pudding to the pan. Add a pinch of salt and stir. The moronga will cook very fast, cook it for 5 min at medium heat. Turn the heat off and add the fresh coriander. Leave aside.
- Then in another frying pan heat 3 tbsp of oil at medium heat and add a tbsp of ground ancho chilli, then quickly start heating the tortillas trying to cover them with the oil, don’t let them fry, the goal is to warm them and smoother them in the oil. Have a big platter ready and place the little tortillas on it.
- Each taco will have two tortillas, just like they do in the taquerias in Mexico!
- Then to assemble the taquitos, get two tortillas, add some moronga, pickled red onion, fresh coriander and chopped red chili, squeeze some lime and enjoy!
Pork carnitas is a dish that will make your mouth water, so simple to make and so delicious. Continue reading “Carnitas (Pork Carnitas)”