Breakfast at our house is the most important meal of the day, specially on the weekends, because we have the time to sit around the table and enjoy the lovely things I cook!
In Mexico, breakfast is almost sacred, everybody loves having something yummy that will make you keep going until lunch and that something is usually something with eggs. Today’s recipe is a lovely and delicious dish that my mum used to cook from time to time. Pieces of fried ham with a bit of onion, tomato and egg. Yum!
Well, I hope you like this lovely recipe X
Huevos con Jamón
- 8 eggs medium, beaten
- 5 slices ham good quality, cured, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- ½ white onion finely chopped
- 1 fresh serrano chilli or ½ fresh jalapeño (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat the oil on a frying pan to medium heat. Add the ham and the vegetables and fry for 5 minutes. Season with salt.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the beaten eggs and cook for 5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked the way you like them.
- Enjoy with some refried beans, spicy salcita and freshly made home corn tortillas.