So this salsa is a must know how to do salsa, what I mean is this salsa is very useful for many different dishes, just like the green salsa I made the other day.
So let’s start!
Basic Tomato Salsa
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1/2 raw onion
- 1 clove of garlic raw and peeled
- 1/2 tbsp of dried marjoram
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- salt to taste
- Cover the tomatoes with water and leave them to boil for 30 min or until very tender
- Put them in a blender and add raw onion, garlic, tomato paste, marjoram, salt and a bit of the water used for boiling the tomatoes
- Blend for 2 min, taste and if it needs salt or more marjoram add some.
- If you don’t have marjoram you can use oregano, use a little bit as it is very strong.
- If you don’t have tomato paste you can use tomato pure with herbs, it gives a better flavour to the salsa