Today is a soup kind of day, it is quite windy in London and a bit chilly, so I fancied something cosy and warm, also I have the hubby working from home, so I decided to make this amazing soup which is ready in no time.
It is a lentil soup with chorizo, very popular in Mexico, I have the vegetarian version on the blog, so if you prefer to cook that just click on this link “sopa de lentejas” but for now here is the recipe for my sopa de lentejas con chorizo.
Have a lovely week, don’t forget to subscribe!
Sopa de Lentejas con Chorizo
- 2 tins Organic Bijoux Vert lentils
- 2 cooking chorizo sausages skin off and diced
- 2 tomatoes medium, finely chopped
- ½ white onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander finely chopped
- 500 ml hot vegetable stock or 1 vegetable stock pot dissolved in 500 ml water
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp vegetable oi
- In a saucepan heat the vegetable oil to medium heat and add the chopped onion and tomato. Fry for 3 minutes and add the diced chorizo.
- Continue frying for 3 more minutes. In the meantime, drain the lentil tins, have them ready to add to the tomato and onio sofrito.
- Once the sofrito is done, add the lentils and the vegetable stock.
- Bring this to a boil and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and add a tbsp of creme fraiche. Provecho!