I know, I know! I haven’t been around very much lately, but tbh, I have a lot of work these days that I hardly have time to cook for my blog and post recipes, so apologies and I hope that you haven’t miss me much.
Today I made a very healthy recipe for a quick lunch or a nice weekend breaky, my dad used to be a fan of omelettes and he used to made them quite a lot, his favourite one was cheese and ham omelette, so today I just thought of sharing with you one of my favourite omelette fillings, Acelgas, chard in english. Chard is one of those vegetables that it seems that is not very popular, but in my family my dad used to always cook chard and I used to hate it, but not now, these days my children hate it, but I make them eat it, just like my parents did to me.
This is a very delicious recipe and it is very special for me as it reminds me to those days that my dad was around, always cooking delicious things.
Makes 2 omelettes
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch of chard
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1/2 garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeño chilli
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of black ground pepper
- 6 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Fresh cheese or feta (optional)
- Slices of avocado (optional)
- Wash and chop all your vegetables.
- In a saucepan heat 2 tbsp of oil at medium heat and add all the veggies, leave some coriander and jalapeños on the side to garnish. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 min and set aside.
- Then heat a frying pan and add 2 tbsp of oil. In a bowl break two eggs and beat them until they are properly mixed. Add the mixed eggs to the frying pan and make like a tortilla (see pic) once is cooked and firm, turn it upside down and cook for 30 sec on the other side.
- Put it on a serving plate and make the other omelette. Once both omelettes are done, fill them with chard, cheese and avocado slices.
- Scatter some fresh coriander and jalapeño slices on top and enjoy!