There are days that all I fancy doing is nothing and today is one of those days, but at the end I ended up working a lot, where do time goes??? As I am writing this recipe is almost time to pick up my little ones from school and I still haven’t finish my work, uff! I could do with a bit more time for myself to do all the things I need to do.
Anyway, because my morning literally went so quickly, I was thinking of what to have for lunch (I was starving hungry!!!) but I didn’t want to spent too much time in the kitchen, so I thought about cooking this super mega delicious cream soup using some of my poblano rajas I made yesterday and what a great idea! I had lunch really quick! Honestly! It was super mega fast!
I love these soups, my dad used to make a carrot cream soup to die for and ai guessed that it is because of him that I started to love them and now it is one of my comfort food dishes of all times! I use almost any vegetable and listo! I have a soup in no time!
Here is the lovely recipe! Enjoy and I hope you have a lovely weekend!
Prep 5 min (using pre-prepared rajas)
Cook 15 min
- 1 cup of Poblano Rajas
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour (white flour)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of sweetcorn
- Grated Cotija cheese or any hard cheese
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion.
- Fry for 3 min and add the rajas and coriander.
- After frying the rajas for 3 min, add the flour, butter. Mix well for 2 min so the flour cooks and add the milk. Mix and put everything in a blender.
- Blend until getting a smooth consistency and pour it back into the saucepan. Add salt and pepper and mix until the soup thickens.
- Once the soup has thickened add the sweetcorn (leave some behind for decoration) and cook for 2 min.
- Serve in a bowl, add more sweetcorn for decoration and flavour and finish the soup with some delicious grated Cotija cheese. Enjoy!