Today I felt very nostalgic, I thought about my family in Mexico all day, my dad in special, sometimes, there are days that I just miss my lovely family, my times in Mexico, but I can’t complain, I am very happy here in London where I also have a wonderful family on my own.
So this dish is full of Mexican Food Memories of my childhood. My dad, I kin foodie, used to always cook rare cuts of meat, like liver, but I guess at that time it wasn’t that rare to cook a bit of liver from time to time, nowadays, it seems we only eat liver in pâté, but this delicious dish is full of great flavours and the chipotle chilli adds that kick that gives a very subtle flavour. It is a very quick recipe to make and if you have it with some creamy mashed potato you can have a lovely dinner in no time!
Prep 10 min
Cook 15 min approx
- 4 lamb liver steaks
- 1 medium white onion julianned
- 1 chipotle chillin in adobo
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. once the oil is hot, add the onion and fry for 10 min or until soft.
- Blend the chipotle chilli to make like a salsa and set aside to have it ready to add it to the liver steaks.
- Add salt and pepper to each steak before frying them.
- Once the onion is cooked, add the steaks and fry them for around 3 min on each side at medium heat. Then add the chipotle sauce and coat the steaks with it.
- Serve two steaks for each person on top of some mashed potato. Scatter some fresh coriander to add a bit of freshness to the dish.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to get more delicious Mexican recipes!