This is a very simple but useful side dish recipe to have in your repertoire of Mexican recipes.
This rice is so delicious and it goes with almost everything.
Prep 10 min
Cook 20 min approx
- One cup Basmati* or long grain rice
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 onion peeled
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 1 carrot cut into little cubes
- 1/2 frozen peas
- 2 cup and a half chicken stock or an organic chicken stock cube dissolved in hot water
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Salt (add salt if you are using unsalted chicken stock, if you are using the organic chicken stock cube, don’t add salt)
In a blender put the tomatoes, onion, garlic and chicken stock and blend very well, put the sauce aside (add the salt here, if you are using the organic chicken stock, there is no need to add salt anymore).
Then in a sauce pan heat the oil at medium heat and add the rice, fry it for 2 min and add the carrot and continue frying for 2 more min and then add the tomato purée and fry for one min and add the tomato stock and low the heat to very low and put the lid on and let it simmer after 10 min add the frozen peas and continue simmer until the water has evaporated.
- *I usually use basmati rice because I like the consistency when cooks.