There is no better way to start a day than having a nice, quick and healthy breakfast and this recipe ticks all those boxes!
With no time to spare in the mornings the last thing I want to be doing is a complicate breakfast, so I tried to do easy and quick things, but without compromising deliciousness, so I cooked this in 15 min, with enough time left to organised my utensils and ingredients for my cooking class, I taught a lovely lady to make Chiles Rellenos.
Makes 2 portions
Time 20 min
- 1 Fresh Poblano pepper, blistered
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 white onion finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Remove the blackened skin from the poblano, take off the steam and seeds, keeping only the flesh. Cut the flesh into strips and keep aside.
- Heat a frying pan and add the oil, then add the tomatoes and onion, fry for 5 min and then add the poblano strips.
- Salt and pepper to taste and stir. Once the tomato and onion have cooked. Remove the strips from the heat and set aside.
- In another frying pan, cook the eggs, I fried mine, but you can cook them the way you like them.
- Serve some Poblano strips on a serving plate, scatter some feta cheese and top that with the egg.
- Enjoy them with some warm corn tortillas and a hot strong coffee.