Sundays wouldn’t be Sundays without a nice, cosy and homely meal and these corn fed poussins are just perfect. Poussins are small chickens and I prefer to cook with them as they are ready in less time than a normal size chicken.
This recipe is very simple, but delicious, I am a big believer on simple recipes, because they are the ones that taste better, less ingredients, but big flavour. So in this recipe we only need three ingredients, plus salt & pepper.
The poussins cook in less than an hour, so it is great for a quick and very impressive dinner.
Time 1 hr
- Corn fed poussins
- 2 or 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp ancho chilli powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees fan assisted.
- Mix the ancho chilli powder with the butter.
- Place the poussins on a baking tray and rub them with the butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place them in the oven for around 50 min or until the juices run clear.
- Enjoy them with some potatoes and greens.