Winter is coming and here at home we seem to be preparing for it! Or to be honest with you, it seems that I have been preparing for it, as I seem to be the only one craving hearty dishes or better said, err! high calorie dishes, like the one I cooked today, which is just soooooo yummy! Honest, all those calories in this recipe are worth it.Here at home everybody loves it, my son Emilio in particular is very kin of it and believe me, if he loves it even if it is green, it means it is really good.I know it is not completely Mexican, but we Mexicans love pasta and I do utterly loooove pasta to bits, I love Italian food and I love Italy and my children and my husband as well, this is a very good way to have the best of both cuisines, Pasta + Poblano Peppers = love on a plate!
For my sauce I used just only the skin of half of a poblano pepper as I didn’t have much left in my freezer, but if you can get hold of some fresh poblanos, use two medium size or in the other hand, you can’t find any poblanos, you can use green peppers, just don’t forget to charr them in order to get maximum flavour.
40 min approx
- 2 medium poblano pepper, peeled, charred, deseeded
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) (optional)
- Linguine or any pasta of your choice for 4 people
- 1/2 shallot chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 cup double cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 180 gr peeled prawns (optional)
- Have all the ingredients ready: pepper charred, shallot, garlic & coriander chopped.
- Put the pasta to boil with salt and while that is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Blend very well the peppers and coriander with the milk. You can do this with a hand blender or a normal blender. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan at medium heat and then add the shallot, fry for 3 min then add the mince garlic and fry for 2 min.
- Check your pasta, if it is cooked, al dente. Drain it and set aside.
- Add the prawn and fry quickly for 2 min, then add the poblano sauce, salt, pepper and once starts boiling add the double cream.
- Cook the sauce for 2 min until starts boiling and by now, your pasta should be ready and just add it and mix very well. Enjoy!