Recently I have been posting many vegetarian recipes because of my hubby, he doesn’t want to eat meat anymore, in fact, he is thinking very seriously of becoming vegetarian, thing that I am not against, but I am not prepared to do it myself, I have to confess to you that I like meat, in fact, I love a good steak and I am the kind of person that thinks that everything in moderation is the key, so when I buy and eat meat, I usually buy it from my local organic butcher, so in that way I know the animal had a good life and it was well fed.
So today I am cooking a rib eye for one! And that one is ME! I am going to eat it all without the annoying comments of “why do we have to eat meat?” or “Meat again?!!”, so I am going to sit down and enjoy my lovely piece of grass fed organic rib eye and to make it even more tastier I had prepared an amazing salsa molcajeteada! nice char grilled vegetables, all mashed up in a Mexican Molcajete (pestle & mortar). I am sharing this very simple recipe with you and tomorrow I will share an alternative idea of what to do with the rib eye steak! Stay tuned X
Time 20 min
- 1 Rib Eye steak (small or medium size)
- Maldon Salt
- 1 tbsp oil
For the salsa
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 fresh jalapeño
- 1/4 peeled onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Maldon salt
- Lime wedges
- Heat a frying pan and place the vegetables there, making sure to turn them around from time to time.
- Once they all char grilled. Remove them from the frying pan and mashed them in a molcajete or a pestle & mortar. Follow this procedure: First the garlic, then add the onion, once the onion is mashed up, add the tomatoes and continue mashing. Then before adding the jalapeño, cut it with a knife in small pieces, so it is easy to mashed up. Mashed everything very well.
- Add salt to taste and leave the salsa on the side.
- If you are preparing a guacamole, do it at this stage, so everything is ready.
- Then heat a cast iron skillet. Add salt and pepper to the steak before placing it on the skillet. Rub a little oil and once is ready and the skillet is very hot, place the steak on it and fry it for 3 min on each side ( I like my steak rare) or depending how you like your steak, cook it for longer.
- Then enjoy your steak with some tortillas, lovely fresh salsita, nice yummy guacamole and listo! Lunch is ready!