There are several sauces that I would consider essential to make Mexican dishes taste better, these sauces are packed with lovely flavours of chillies and spices.
Today I am sharing with you an easy recipe for a Guajillo sauce that can be use for enchiladas, chilaquiles, broths, with meats, etc! It only has 5 ingredients and those are now very easy to find here in London.
Makes 2 cups of Guajillo Sauce
Salsa Guajillo (Guajillo Sauce)
- A saucepan
- 6 guajillos cleaned, seeds & stems off
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 small onion peeled
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 2 cups water
- Place all the vegetables and dried chillies in a sauce pan and add two cups of water. Bring it to a boil. Boil for 10 min to medium heat.
- Transfer everything to a blender and add salt and pinch of cumin. Pour back the sauce into the sauce pan and cook for further 5 min, so all the ingredients combine well.
- You can use this simple sauce for chilaquiles, enchiladas, pozole, or pork in chile colorado.