Sometimes all you need is a good chicken taco on a Tuesday evening and this is what we are having tonight. This quick recipe has become one of my family’s favourite recipe for a quick dinner. We all get involve and that is what makes this recipe fun and our favourite.
My son and my hubby help me to make the tortillas and my daughter is in charge of the guacamole. A taco night is a must in my little family and this delicious recipe is quick to prepare, it reminds me to the gatherings I used to have with my family while growing up in Mexico, my dad, who was a taco lover, would get us all involve in cooking with him in the kitchen and lunch would be always a family affair. Those were the moments that I miss the most about living in Mexico, but I am so happy to be able to recreate them here with my family.
This recipe is a compilation of different recipes, but you can find all those recipes here on my blog, in fact, you can make the tortillas the day before and the salsa macha some days before, so when you decide to make the chicken, the other components for these tacos are already prepare, so I will share with you the recipe for the quick adobo for the chicken and I will create links to the other recipes.
Thanks for reading,
Tacos de Pollo
- electric grinder
- baking tray
- 3 dried ancho chillies, cleaned, stem & seeds off
- 9 pieces chicken thighs, no bones, no skin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Start by cleaning the ancho chillies, remove the stem and seeds. Cut them into small pieces and place in small quantities in the grinder and grind until powder.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Once you have the ancho chilli powder, place the chicken thighs on a baking tray and add the ancho chilli powder, salt and oil and mix.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 45 min. While the chicken in cooking in the oven, prepare the refried beans, guacamole and corn tortillas. The salsa macha can be make in advance.
- Once the chicken is cooked, cut it in small pieces. Then you can place all the little dishes on the table, chicken, salsa, guacamole, frijolitos (beans) and tortillas, have these delicious tacos like this: Get a tortilla, put some refried beans, then some chicken, then the guacamole and top all up with a good dollop of salsa macha. Enjoy them with some really cold cervecitas (beers)
I would love to hear if you liked this recipe, tag me on social media #mexicanfoodmemories to see your creations. And if you want to learn to make this recipe and more, join me in one of my Mexican Cooking Classes.